If you want to reduce your electric bill, minimize heating costs, and make the most of your home’s energy use, insulation is the solution. Having a properly insulated home make you more comfortable by keeping your house warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Insulation, large or small, is available in many types
- loose fill
- spray foam
- mineral wool
- rigid board
Some insulation is best suited for an entire home while other insulation options are intended for smaller projects, each with varying advantages.
- Mineral wool insulation offers better fire protection and can act as a sound barrier.
- Fiberglass insulation often features recycled materials. This is great to reduce waste and lower costs.
- Another type of insulation that often features recycled materials and wood fibers is cellulose insulation.
- Reflective insulation can offer additional heat filtering properties.
- Polystyrene material or foam board insulation can offer moisture protection and thermal resistance.
A thorough check of your home for air leaks can lead to some surprising discoveries. An energy efficiency audit can expose gaps in attic insulation or air leaks between walls. Afterwards, a small investment in proper insulation can lead to big savings.