Keep up with the ‘new’ and innovative retro-fit attic standards. Building science experts and weatherization professionals alike have proven with ‘new age’ diagnostic techniques (blower door testing and thermal imaging), that ‘air sealing’ attics and eave areas with high density foam, caulking, and re-insulation, provides the highest performance and energy savings.
In older homes, the only way to properly locate breaches, air leaks, and thermal bypass areas in the attic is to totally remove the attic insulation. Once removed, critical areas can be identified, easily accessed, caulked or foam sealed, and re-insulated. Many times old insulation (due to moisture, odors, and pest control issues), needs to be removed and replaced.
All professional insulation contractors must have an effective solution….
An ‘Insulation Removal Vacuum’.
Cool Machines introduces the industry’s highest rated heavy duty wet/dry Gas Vacuum with innovative cutting edge design features. The Cool-Vac 16 is versatile, portable, and extremely high production, reducing labor time and increasing profitability. Insulation is quickly and efficiently removed from attics, sidewalls, and crawl spaces with ease.
This unit is designed to handle fire, water, and smoke damaged insulation, as well as damp wall cavity recycle with dependability and speed.
Fiber intended for recycling can be conveyed directly to your spray machine for reuse.
Waste insulation material can be discharged directly into 75 cu. ft. disposable bags (purchased separately), or directly into a truck or dumpster.
Insulation fibers in older homes can be highly abrasive Rockwool and fiberglass fibers with an abundance of small objects, foreign debris, and wet sticky fibers. This inherently causes extreme wear on fan blade and chamber as well as progressive accumulation of wet fibers. The annual cost of fan blade and chamber replacement due to wear and tear can exceed $1000 depending on frequency of use.
How is our vacuum different?
Our abrasion resistant, dynamically balanced fan and low cost replaceable chamber wear strip, is the ‘first’ in our industry to reduce annual costs. The ‘Turbo-Sonic’ blade design eliminates the need for regular cleaning and service to the chamber.
- 18″ dia. abrasion resistant, 3/16″ blades w/solid robotic welds, dynamic computer balanced, ‘turbo-sonic / FC’ fan blade.
- 6″ inlet and outlet for high production.
- 12 volt Magnetron Electronic Ignition system provides easy starting.
- Easy access battery location for quick service, battery charging and jump starts.
- Safety inlet and outlet guards reducing operational hazards.
- 16 h.p. Briggs and Stratton ‘Vanguard’ V-twin engine with positive pressure lubrication. This commercial duty engine (highly regarded as one of the most durable engines in its class), provides ample power to exceed production rates of any system in its class.
- Weight 250 lbs.
- Dimensions: 36″ long x 30″ wide x 48″ high
Warranty: 1 year vacuum, 2 year engine
- Hour meter for routine engine service and maintenance.
- Re-coil start back-up
- 6″ dia. x 25 ft. flex hose / 6″ steel hose connectors
- 4″ dia. x 50 ft. flex hose / 4″ steel hose connectors
- 6″ to 4″ reducer tube
- 4″ aluminum vacuum pick-up tube w/handles
- 75 cu./ft. disposable collection bags (deluxe or economy)
6″ input and output tubes for hose hook-up.
Various combinations of hose lengths up to 150 ft. can be used effectively. Larger diameter hoses with shortest hose length allow for maximum production rates. Recommended: 25 ft. x 6″ dia. hose for exhaust, 125 ft. x 6″ dia. hose reduced to 25 ft. x 4″ dia. hose for maximum vacuum pick-up in the attic. (Hose priced separately).