Black Friday, which follows Thanksgiving Day, is the biggest shopping day of the year. It officially kicks off the holiday shopping season. And though its name implies a one-day blitz, many retailers extend their deals through the ensuing weekend.
Stores may offer deep discounts on Black Friday on everything from clothing to toys to kitchen gadgets to home improvement products. Home and garden stores may mark down small tools, home appliances, construction materials and more. If you are looking to upgrade your home, it’s a good idea to venture out on Black Friday and snag discounts on many of the materials that you will need for your improvements.
If you are looking to enhance your home’s thermal resistance before winter hits, consider investing in new insulation material. Here are some of the most popular options for materials—many of which may be marked down on Black Friday.
- Fiberglass – This is probably the most ubiquitous insulation material on the market. Fiberglass is available as blanket or loose-fill. It also comes in rigid boards and duct insulation.
- Mineral wool – Mineral wool refers to rock wool, a man-made material made from basalt or diabase, and slag wool, another man-made material made from the slags of furnaces.
- Plastic fiber – This insulation is made from recycled polyethylene terephthalate. The fibers are similar to those found in high-density fiberglass.
- Cellulose – Made from recycled paper products, this variety of insulation is sourced from about 85% recycled materials, making it an environmentally-friendly choice.
- Sheep’s wool – This material is treated with borate that resists fire, mold and pests.
- Cotton – Cotton insulation is made of 85% recycled cotton with added plastic fibers treated with borate for flame-retardant properties.
If you work in the home improvement industry, you can find good deals on insulation equipment and used insulation equipment on Black Friday.